Advance purchase highly recommended
for Trip Departure Times and Availability
Children 0-12yrs $40
• Students & Teachers
• KOA Guests
• Wildlife Activists
Contact Us for info on Group Rates & Military Discounts!
Check-in time is 20 minutes prior to departure. Trips run approximately 4 hours.
Length of tour depends on where/when we find whales- we want to show you a good time!
• Dress WARMLY!! No matter what the weather report says. It can
always be cold out on the ocean so come prepared.
• Hats are a good idea as well as lots of sun block.
• Cameras (don’t forget to charge them!) and extra film.
• We have a snack bar on board and you are welcome to bring your own food as well.
• Pregnant women should advise a doctor before participating due to the motion of the boat and other safety reasons.
• Our vessel is not wheelchair accessible and steps are used for boarding.
• We will do everything we can do accommodate passengers, but please call if you will need assistance or have any questions or concerns.
• Concerned about sea sickness? Read about preparing yourself for the boat ride.
Once tickets are purchased, there are no refunds.
Sea conditions can be unpredictable and weather reports are not always accurate. Trips are subject to cancellation if captain determines sea conditions to be unsafe for passengers. If a trip is cancelled due to weather, a full refund is issued or the passenger may opt for a rain check.
It is advised to provide reliable contact information in your reservation so we may call you in advance if a trip is cancelled.
Highway 1 Northbound: Turn left before you pass the smoke stacks after "Surf City Coffee Co." and "The Whole Enchilada" restaurant onto Moss Landing Road. Make a slight right at Sandholdt Road and pull into the parking lot directly after the KOA RV park.
Highway 1 Southbound: Turn right after the smoke stacks onto Moss Landing Road, just before "The Whole Enchilada" restaurant. Make a slight right at Sandholdt Road and pull into the parking lot directly after the KOA RV park.
We're located on the far end of the parking lot. Our check-in table is directly across from the Harbor Master's office.
Parking: Parking permits may be purchased for $6.24 in the bright orange dispensaries by the Harbor Master's office.
Bathrooms are located to the right of the office.
Blue Ocean Whale Watch Photos by Kate Cummings is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at firstname.lastname@example.org